FlightAware Announce Free FlightAware Flight Tracking App for Windows 8
lundi, 29 octobre 2012 08h00
Last updated 4 years ago.
HOUSTON (October 29, 2012) – FlightAware today announced the availability of the free FlightAware Live Flight Tracking app for Windows 8.
FlightAware’s Live Flight Tracking app for Windows 8 is a free, worldwide app that provides real-time flight status for both commercial and general aviation aircraft. FlightAware leverages dozens of data-sources to provide live flight data, delay information, maps, and more.
“We are excited to see the FlightAware flight tracking app in the Windows Store,” said John Richards, senior director of Windows App Marketing for Microsoft Corp. “With live tracking information, our users can always stay informed when they are on the go.”
FlightAware Live Flight Tracker for Windows 8 features include:
- Flight status for every major airline and airport around the world including:
- Scheduled/Estimated/Actual departure and arrival times
- Delays, cancellations
- Route, distance
- Terminal, gate, and baggage claim information
- Status of inbound flight (if available)
- Live flight tracking and status with real-time maps including NEXRAD weather with zoom/pan using Bing maps
- View overhead flights based on GPS location
- Flight alerts, including pre-arrival notifications, via email, text message, or mobile “push” alerts
- Airport delay information and activity views (see all arrivals/departures/en route flights)
- Setup and view a custom “My FlightAware”
- Share flights and trips via Facebook
- View actual aircraft photos
FlightAware Mobile App
FlightAware Logo Usage Guidelines
FlightAware (flightaware.com) is the largest flight tracking, flight data, and flight planning company in the world. FlightAware was the first company to offer free flight tracking services for both private and commercial aircraft in the United States, Canada, and Australia. FlightAware provides flight tracking, flight data, and flight planning services in over forty countries to over three million people each month. Founded in 2005, FlightAware is privately held and has offices in Houston and New York.